Thursday, May 18, 2006

Just When You Thought it Was Over

I was starting to think that this blog was getting a little too serious - you thought so too, right? In the nick of cyber-time, along comes an e-mail from Heaven with news that sent me whirring to the log-on page at the Blogger thingy. It was a notice from Ticketmaster, reminding me of an important concert event coming to the Wachovia Center in Philly in July ...

POP TARTS PRESENTS: AMERICAN IDOLS LIVE!

Whoever decided that Pop Tarts should sponsor the American Idols tour is a marketing genius. To you, sir or madam, I remove my figurative hat in tribute to your keen sense of irony. Pop Tarts indeed. I even wrote a little poem:
The perfect sponsor and
symbolic twist
for such a group of twits as these.
To you, my friends,
the tarts of pop,
I wave my private parts
and sneeze.
Thank you, worthless TV show, for making me funny again. I couldn't have done it without you.

Same to you, Simon. You pompous clown.

I feel much better now.

6 comments:

MyRiseAbove said...

I didn't know you were a poet!
The visual was a bit alarming though. ;-)

Anthony said...

When I am so inspired, the words flow like water!

MyRiseAbove said...

Get inspired more often for me. I like poems. Even the ones with alarming visuals.

Anthony said...

I used to do poems. i have some in an old diary that would be of no interest now. I may lapse into poetry at times, if so inspired.

The alarming visuals do great things for the mind. :) I was expecting only to find a pic of good ol Simon to post, but pleasantly surprised to be so surprised.

Thanks for reading.

Mandi said...

How come it took me so long to read this post???

All i can do is sit here and giggle :)

Anthony said...

I don't know, Mandi, but I'm glad you did! Giggling is fun.

Do you think the folks at Pop Tarts get the joke?

Thanks for reading - and giggling.