Friday, April 20, 2007

Premium Remsen Low Rise Slim Straight

Believe it or not, I take this blogging thing seriously. It's almost like a job to me. Most days, I get a little stressed because I realize it's getting late and I have nothing to say. Generally, something odd happens that gets me excited about writing. Other times, I get blind-sided by something and I can't help but run to the log-in and throw it up there. That happened today.
I get e-mail from Abercrombie & Fitch because I bought a t-shirt from them 5 years ago. I don't regularly shop there because I find that American Eagle Outfitters, Eddie Bauer or Land's End offer better value and sometimes, better quality products.
They sent me a catalog link today, and I started browsing around. I need jeans, so I was naturally attracted to the ones pictured above. Wouldn't you be?
Fashion-wise, I guess the idea is that you are purposely wearing something that looks like it should be thrown away, which makes distressed jeans and an iPod a perfect match. Usually, they cost about 40 bucks and you should feel comfortable in them because you figure you can't mess them up.
These things, however, take distressed to a whole new level.

Three hundred and ninety-eight dollars.
"Constructed by the best craftsmen" it says. I understand. You wouldn't want unskilled labor working on your one-of-a-kind destroyed pants. "No two pairs are the same". Could you tell if they were?
"Made from the highest-quality cotton". Sure. I wouldn't want you using low-quality cotton on pants like this. "Unique intricacies" and "individually hand numbered". Anybody have any numbering suggestions?
People who buy these things should be investigated by the FBI and made to donate at least 10% of the purchase price to charity.
.

5 comments:

kimmyk said...

My son only buys his jeans at AEO and all his shirts come from AF. Thank goodness he doesn't get his jeans from there because let me tell ya somethin-he'd be SOL if he thought I was spending that much damn money on a pair of jeans. That's gotta be a misprint don'tcha think?

Anthony said...

I don't think it's a misprint. Both colors are the same price. Plus, everything at ANF is so horribly overpriced, that the $398 really didn't throw me that much.

Why don't you buy a pair and tell me how much they charge you? ;-)

Kate Michele said...

I'm with you anyone that pays THAT for a pair of jeans has more money than since!!! A&F is BULLSHIT most clothing brands aimed to the younger crowd are. The quality you get in the clothing does not match the price. In my opinion anyways.

I went in A&F for my BIL's b day and they wanted 50.00 for a F-in tee shirt!!! I don't think so Jack!

***I know I know..."tell us how you really feel Kate"...right?***

Anthony said...

Yes, K8tie ... tell us how you really feel.

At best, the ANF guys are Google searching the blogs, so they will know.

Ladyred said...

Well. That's more than I make in a two week period. I think I will "handcraft" my own jeans. I will take my pair, lay them precisely in line with the tires of my Toyota pickup, rev up the engine and roll right on over them. WOnder if kicking it into 4 wheel drive will do anything? Just to add some texture I will place the jeans on the rock/gravel driveway in front of my pad. I'll let ya know how they turn out, and how many weird looks I get. THen I will make a limited edition of ONE. Hehe