Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Ebola Virus

That's a 1935 National Chicle Beattie Feathers card. I don't know what a Chicle is, but I do know that if I had another $1,397.50 and I'll be able to screw one of those girls in Reno. Ya gotta love people with disposable income. Me, on the other hand ...
Saturday was AIDS Awareness Day, the latest in a round of "Awareness Days" designed to make us aware. I think they waste a lot of good Awareness Days on stuff that we already know about. AIDS, cancer, heart disease ... If you're going to have these Awareness Days, it should be stuff that we aren't aware of, so that when the day rolled around, you would say, "Oh, it's tie your shoes awareness day." For all those kids who buy the $200 shoes and don't tie them. Or, "Your cell phone annoys people awareness day." I had no idea my cell phone annoyed people. Thank you for making me aware of that. I'll change my dorky Star Wars ringtone to something that sounds more like an ... um ... phone. I am aware now. That could be every day.

Somebody tell me why I can't mix whites with colors in my washing machine, yet I can wash my blue and white striped shirt. We get screamed at if we put white socks in with blue pants. Well, you get screamed at - I can do whatever I want. That's why all my socks are kind of grey, I guess. I like grey socks. I can wear them with anything. So, why aren't the white stripes on my blue and white striped shirt grey, too?
Those are the kinds of things I think about.
That, and why somebody would pay over a hundred dollars for a 72-year old square piece of cardboard with somebody else's picture on it? I can't figure out if he just finished throwing a football or a discus.
If your last name was Feathers, would you name your kid Beattie?
Me neither.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

didn't your momma ever tell you how to do laundry?

you just can't mix blues and whites and think your whites are going to stay white. segregation in the laundry room-unfortunately, it's gotta stay that way otherwise, your socks will be grey and your tighty whitey's will be pink.

ya dont want your undies pink now do ya?

Scoobers said...

the solution to the gray sock dilemma ... Mrs Stuarts Bluing.
You can wash you stripes, polka dots or what ever you want with your socks. Warning: don't mix any kind of red with your whites. The remedy for pink is beyond human comprehension at this stage of evolution.